Biomass Handling, Storgae & Feeding - Short Courses
- 31 May 2012
- Company & Industry News
Presented by the Wolfson Centre for Bulk Solids Handling Technology
12 and 13 July 2012
Venue: University of Greenwich short course centre, Kent
Following feedback from the previous Biomass Handling short courses, we have extended this course to 2 days, to enable the main topics to be discussed in more depth.
Introduction to Biomass Handling (one day) £420 per delegate
Learn the basics of:
• Biomass macro-economics, subsidies and potential;
• Material types, flow properties and handling equipment requirements;
• Self-heating, fire, explosion and safety;
• Dust and degradation, pneumatic conveying and wear.
Mark Reardon of Gottwald Port Technology, UK, a delegate on a previous course, said : 'A very well structured event, full of useful insights and detail.'
Advanced Biomass Handling (one day) £420 per delegate
(requires reasonable knowledge or attendance on the basic course first)
This advanced course provides a greater depth of insight into:
• Dust control and management;
• Explosion protection and ATEX regulations;
• Engineering of equipment for storage and discharge;
• Ship unloading;
• Possible future trends in Biomass
Attend both days for £680 per delegate
Attendees are likely to be engineers, maintenance personnel, managers and procurement executives with responsibility for obtaining and operating equipment for handling of biomass either alone or mixed with coal, in solid-fuel-fired power stations. Manufacturers of said equipment could also benefit by attending.
Numbers are limited to allow discussion periods to permit the analysis of specific problems experienced by attendees.
To book your place on this course, please complete the on-line registration form at www.bulksolids.com or contact Caroline Chapman on 020 8331 8646.