Defining the basics – Hazardous Area Weighing Webinar
- 19 May 2012
- Company & Industry News
Equipment and products operating in hazardous areas are required to meet stringent criteria. They must be 'protected' to avoid the possibility of them becoming a source of ignition. Weighing systems are often an integral part of a process within the hazardous area and therefore must have suitable protection.
Many industries face major challenges when defining a zone as hazardous and this can have major implications for your business operation should you fail to meet the required legislative standards.
METTLER TOLEDO invites you to access its free-to-view online webinar 'Hazardous Area Weighing – Basics'. This online presentation aims to educate and improve understanding of weighing in hazardous areas, covering a variety of topics across three modules:
- Hazardous Protection – Why?
- Industries at risk
- The triangle of explosion
- Global hazardous standards
- Understanding ATEX zoning
- Understanding the NEC division system
- Techniques of explosion protection
- Understanding the EX label
- Application overview in industries
- Maintenance in hazardous areas