Bulk Handling in the Waste, Recycling and Biomass Industries
- 22 May 2012
- Company & Industry News
1 day seminar, 14 June 2012
Institution of Mechanical Engineers, London
Keep up to date with the latest opportunities in the waste, recycling and biomass industries
The waste processing and recycling industries are a major growth area around the world. However there are special challenges involved due to the nature of the materials; variable, poorly flowing, low density, tendency to self-heat among others.
Companies attending include; Air Products and Chemicals, Aptech, Clydeport, Foster Wheeler, RWE npower, Saxlund International, Spencer Engineering among others!
This seminar will focus on the special issues faced by those designing, procuring or operating solids handling systems in the waste industry. The focus will be on case studies from current practice and likely future developments.
• Utilising embedded energy in Waste; by Allan Barton, Director of ARUP;
• "Getting it moving": Flow problems and solutions for waste and biomass materials; by Prof Mike Bradley of the Wolfson Centre for Bulk Solids Handling Technology;
• SRF as a fuel for the cement industry; by Dr Richard Maslen of Fairport Engineering;
• Sewage; by Richard Wakefield of Portasilo Ltd;
• Waste and Biomass feeding into conversion processes for energy and CHAR production; by Dr Eddie McGee of Ajax;
• Safety considerations; by Chilworth Technology
• Torrefaction; by KEMA Senior consultants.
Engineers, Procurement Executives or Maintenance Personnel and Designers associated with waste industries and the solids handling sector would benefit from attending this seminar.