GAME Install New Wood Drier at Verdo Renewables
- 18 May 2012
- Company & Industry News
GAME were commissioned to exchange Verdo Renewables existing 8 T.P.H drum dryer to a larger capacity 15 T.P.H drum ready for future expansion. This work included the project management removal of redundant equipment and installation of the new equipment along with modifying the feed system to include and weigh screw measuring wet grain to the drum.
With GAME's previous experience on the site and the tight timescales required for the project completion, GAME were appointed as project managers.
The project was allocated 16 weeks from shut down to the new drier and all associated works completed ready for production.
• Health and safety
• Design for planning, civil works and the new process.
• Removal/dismantling of existing buildings/old drier/
associated feed equipment, clearing the site and services
• Civil works - including breaking out old and installing new
• Installation of new services
• Delivery, unloading and installation of the new drier parts from Spain
• Lagging and refractory lining of the new drier
• Modifications to the existing conveying
• Commissioning of the new plant, including integration with the old systems and production requirements
The project was delivered on time and within budget, the commissioning results have proved positive on the performance, production and energy savings and confirmed the tight constraints of the installation period did not compromise performance or quality.