Baioni crushing plants: Improve your material handling efficiency
- 14 November 2011
- Product News
Baioni Crushing Plants is the world's partner in the production of machinery for the mining and quarrying industries, recycling and contractor market, aggregate washing sector. All production and assembly phases are carried out by technical expert staff able to offer a high specialized support. Over a surface of 70.000 sqm Baioni Crushing Plants supplies means, tools and resources to achieve the final product, yet maintaining high qualitative standards and rapidity on execution. Continuous and meticulous quality checks grant the efficacy and efficiency of every product.
Thanks to the experience gained in the field, Baioni Crushing Plants provides heavy duty belting system for applications in mines and quarries, for such materials as ore, stone, tailings, gravel, aggregate, etc. Tested in Spring 2010 at the big installation known as "Quadrilatero", Baioni employed a reliable conveying system whose characteristics and features are described below.
A FULL RANGE
- Inclined conveyor belts: designed for use in conveyance of material up an incline, they are best used to transport aggregate to the different sections in a crushing plant.
- Bucket elevators: mainly used in sand production plants or washing plants.
- Extracting conveyor belts: usually used to extract the materials from feeding to crushing or screening.
- Horizontal conveyor belts: usually fitted with side walls and feet or trestles to convey aggregates horizontally.
Baioni conveyors are made of steel structures, protected from corrosion by hot dip galvanizated with zinc deposition on the surface, the drive end and the tail end are preassembled in the workshop the intermediate parts consist of two side walls and the central frame and are designed to have small footprint during transport, yet not compromising the sturdiness and solidity of the belt. The shaft and the drum of the either end are not welded but fixed by some rigid couplings to ease any replacement in case of damage of some parts (i.e. brake of a bearing, etc...).
Direct transmission with helical gearbox, pulleys and belts. Electric motor equipped with hydraulic joint to make the start of the conveyor sweeter, protecting the entire transmission. In its basic form Baioni belt conveyors consist of a driving head pulley, a tail pulley, the moving belt, support rollers, cleaning devices, tensioning mechanisms and a structural frame. The classic transmission system through motor, belts, pulleys and gearbox is the guarantee of the maximun flexibility of use, offering the possibility to ajust the speed according to every need.
- Rectangular box-type frame (in modular sections).
- Rubber belt in rayon material coated with anti-abrasive rubber.
- Couples or terns of anodised rollers with easily changeable sealed bearings.
- Cambered drive and driven rollers; drive roller with rubber coating.
- Adjustable driven roller supports.
- Transmission unit.
- Belt scraper.
The positioning and support system can be carried out in two versions:
1. For « mobile » or « skid mounted » conveyors, short or medium length, support is available by means of a "V" shape trestle, mounted on a suitably load-bearing axle with tyres or a ground supporting beam.
2. For « fixed » conveyors, long length, support is given by vertical supporting trellis or by trestles with stretching steel cables.
Baioni conveyor belts can be equipped with the following accessories:
- Side gangway with safety rail.
- Anti-wind or anti-rain cover.
- Upper and lower cover.
- Discharge chute.
- Removable feed hopper with rubber protections.
- Rollers with damping rubber rings to be fitted under the feed hopper.
Supplied as standard is a belt scraper, a strong and anti-corrosive cleaning unit for easy maintenance and maximum belt cleaning efficiency. Baioni Crushing Plants thinks it is vital to adopt a system of cleaning already in the conception of a coveyor, above all for those plants requiring a high standard of cleanliness. Baioni belt scrapers have an adjustable spring tension system: springs push the bar supporting the different scrapers, usually chosen according to the material to be processed. Amongst them, some scrapers have some widia inserts, highly resistant to abrasion and wear and particularly suited for abrasive and dirty materials. The use of belt scrapers reduce the loss of material, increase the plant capacity avoiding most of the wear of the return rollers, thus reducing maintenance costs and downtime.
Baioni Crushing Plants is dedicated to providing quality conveyors engineered to last; cleaner devices also come from a ploughshare shaped scraper usually placed on the tail end to prevent rollers from getting dirty and material from falling accidently on the belt.
To promote long, trouble-free life to every conveyor Baioni Crushing Plants makes sure that the designer has designed it with quality components that can handle the entire range of forces generated in its use. One way to insure that is to engineer every part taking a load and then review the design calculations and the component selection.
Baioni Crushing Plants considers itself to be more than just a supplier. It offers real help and support to every customer, with whom it does its best to co-operate in a reliable and genuine manner, striving to achieve mutual satisfaction and success. Safety is also a big issue! Baioni conveyor belts comply with safety devices required under the EEC machinery directive 2006/42/EC. A corresponding declaration of incorporation and the relative use & maintenance manual is always supplied.