New Online Resource to Cut Carbon and Save Money
- 31 May 2011
- Company & Industry News
A new Aggregates Carbon Reduction Portal has been launched to provide the minerals industry and stakeholders with the benefits of several years of work between industry operators, MPA and the Carbon Trust to reduce sector energy use and carbon emissions. The Aggregates Carbon Reduction Portal can be found on the Mineral Products Association website.
The website’s tried and tested resources explain how mineral products businesses can maximize energy and carbon reduction, saving money in a highly competitive environment. Jerry McLaughlin, Director of Public Affairs and Economics at MPA, said:
“Energy costs are high and are set to increase in the long term. New regulatory measures will only make energy use and carbon emissions more expensive. The resources and tools on the Carbon Reduction Portal are designed to be used by businesses of any size, in a way which suits their specific needs to save money and emissions.
“The website shows how all staff can take responsibility for making businesses more carbon and energy efficient, enabling a more comprehensive and sustained approach by the company as a whole on this issue. In addition to direct cost benefits, demonstrable company action on carbon reduction is likely to be required increasingly by customers and clients and the new resources provide practical and proven means of taking action.”
The Carbon Portal uses an innovative 'journey navigator' to replicate the process of achieving carbon and energy reduction. The journey navigator takes users through the five steps of Energy Awareness, Find and Evaluate Opportunities, Implement Opportunities, Track and Measure and Energy Management. At each stage of the journey valuable tools and resources can be found.
- Toolbox Talks on specific energy saving ideas
- How-To Guides - designed to be used after Toolbox Talks, enabling staff to identify and evaluate carbon and energy reduction opportunities
- Posters, Case Studies and Videos
- The Energy Saving Assessment Tool - designed to provide a quick assessment of the energy saving potential based on the information provided by the user
- The Opportunities Database - a spreadsheet tool where you can log and track carbon and energy cutting opportunities from identification through to implementation
Mineral Products Association Ltd
38-44 Gillingham Street
SW1V 1HU UK
T: +44 (0) 20 7963 8000
F: +44 (0) 20 7963 8001