Powder and Dust Containment One-Day Course
- 25th September 2012 to 25th September 2012
Learn how to reduce the risk of working with hazardous powders. This course is ideal if you are handling powders. It will help you to identify and assess risk within your processing system. It covers effective powder storage and the factors affecting the performance of materials, which will enable you to improve efficiency.
It also explores:
- Perceptions of dust and the consequences of exposure
- Key principles and equipment for airflow capture systems, including
- HSE Guidance HSG 258
- Key principles and equipment for barrier systems
- The Workplace Exposure Limit, equipment performance expectations and performance verification
- Factors affecting performance such as ergonomics, worker behaviours and powder characteristics
- HSE guidance for workplace exposure limit setting
- Risk assessment approaches
- Exposure scenarios, as defined withinREACH legislation, for more hazardousmaterials.
Who should attend?
This course is ideal if you are a plant designer, plant manager, safety and hygiene specialist or maintenance professional, particularly if you are handling powders and want to identify and assess risk within your own processing system. The course will also benefit you if you are a member of operational staff or senior management, as it will help you gain a better understanding of what can go wrong and how to make your plant as efficient and trouble-free as possible.
To book a place:
- Go online at www.bulksolids.com
- E-mail email@example.com
- Telephone 020 8331 8646
Powder and Dust Containment 25 September 2012
Cost: £420 per delegate
A discount of 5% is available for three or more delegates from one company attending the same course at the same time.
Please note that in the event of a cancellation within three weeks of the start date, a charge of 50% will be made to cover administration costs. Substitution of delegates, however, can be made at any time.
Note: in order to allow individual attention, the numbers for courses are limited. Early registration is recommended.
Other courses on offer in 2012 include:
- Overview of Particulate Handling Technology (6–8 November)
- Pneumatic Conveying of Bulk Solids (4–6 December)
Should these dates be inconvenient and/or you have a number of employees wishing to take part, please call us to discuss our range of in-company short courses.